This is to inform all the concerned institutes and organizations that the Government of Nepal has appointed Mr. Rajesh Shrestha as Executive Director of this Institute. He has assumed his duties at this Institute on April 22, 2019. Following is his Curriculum Vitae.
|1. Name:||Rajesh Shrestha|
|2. Date of Birth :||17th March 1971|
|3. Designation:||Additional Inspector General(Retd), Armed Police Force, Nepal|
|4. Education:||M. Sc.(Chemistry), Central Department of Chemistry, Tribhuwan University (TU), Kirtipur, Nepal; 23 Nov 1998.|
|5. Address:||Siddhicharan Municipality – 11, Okhaldhunga|
|6. Decoration/ Medal:||SUPRABAL JANASEWA SHREE|
|7. UN Service Medal:||United Nations Mission in Kosovo(UNMIK), 2001-2002
United Nations Mission in Kosovo (UNMIK), 2003-2004
United Nations Mission in Liberia (UNMIL), 2007
United Nations Mission in East Timor (UNMIT), 2007-2009
- Professional Experience
- Additional Inspector General(AIG), IGP Secretariat, Armed Police Force(APF) Headquarters, Halchowk, Kathmandu, Nepal; Jan – Jul 2018
- Director, Directorate of Research and Development(R&D), APFHQ; Feb 2017 – Jan 2018
- Chairman, APF Command and Staff College( Affiliated to Department of Humanities and Social Science, Tribhuwan University-TU) course entitled Masters in Security, Development and Peace Studies(MSDPS); Feb 2017 – Jan 2018
- Brigade Commander, APF Far West Region Brigade Headquarters, Attariya, Kailali; Jan 2016 – Feb 2017
- Director, Directorate of Professional Standards and Discipline(PSD), APF Headquarters, Halchowk, Kathmandu; Jan 2015 – Jan 2016
- Commandant, APF Training College, Lamapatan, Pokhara; Jul 2013 – Jan 2015
- Battalion Commanders
- APF Chhinnamasta Battalion Headquarters, Bardibas, Mahottari; Feb 2009 – Oct 2009
- APF Dakshinkali Battalion Headquarters, Balambu, Kathmandu; May 2006 – Jan 2007.
- APF Ugratara Battalion Headquarters, Tikapur, Kailali; Mar 2005 – May 2006.
- UN Peacekeeping Experiences :
- United Nations Mission in Kosovo(UNMIK) – 28 Apr 2001 to 28 Apr 2002
- Deputy Station In charge, UNMIK Police Station, Pristina
- Field Training Officer(FTO)
- United Nations Mission in Kosovo(UNMIK): 21 Nov 2003 to 4 Dec 2004
- Deputy Chief, Specialized Operations/Planning, UNMIK Headquarters, Pristina, Kosovo
- United Nations Mission in Liberia(UNMIL): Jan 2007 July 2007
- Formed Police Unit Commanding Officer
- United Nations Mission in East Timor(UNMIT): 24 Nov 2007 to 24 Feb 2009
- Acting Chief of Operations, Operations, Department, UNMIT Police Headquarters, Dili, East Timor
- United Nations Mission in Kosovo(UNMIK) – 28 Apr 2001 to 28 Apr 2002
- Professional Training
- “High Level Management Course”, National Armed Police Force Academy (NAPFA), Matatirtha, Kathmandu; 17 Dec 2017 – 7 Jan 2018.
- “Management and Planning”, Nepal Administrative Staff College (NASC), Jawalakhel, Lalitpur; 6-27 June 2017.
- “Anti-Hijacking Course”, People’s Armed Police Force (PAPF) Academy, Beijing, PRC CHINA; 21 Apr – 18 May 2017.
- “Comprehensive Security Response to Terrorism(2013,CSRT)”, Asia Pacific Center for Security Studies Institute(APCSS), Honolulu, Hawaii, USA; 21 Feb – 22 Mar 2013
- “Civil, Military, Police Relations (2012)”, Center of Excellence for Stability Police Unit (CoESPU), Vicenza, Italy; 23 Jan – 17 Feb 2012.
- “Leadership in Emergency: Strategies, Tactics and Operations in Homeland Security”, Jerusalem, Israel; Oct – Nov 2010.
- “Border Control Management Course (BCM)”, held at NPA, Maharajgunj; Bureau of Diplomatic Security, Office of the Anti-terrorism Assistance (ATA), USA; 7-18 Dec 2009.
- “Human Rights and Law Enforcement”, UNMIT Training Unit, Dili, East Timor; 22-26 Apr 2008.
- “Global Terrorism”, The United Nations Institute for Training and Research Programme of Correspondence Instruction in Peacekeeping Operations; June 2004.
- “Peacekeeping and International Conflict Resolution Course”, The United Nations Institute for Training and Research Programme of Correspondence Instruction in Peacekeeping Operations; Nov 2004.
- “International Humanitarian Law (IHL) and the Law of Armed Conflict (2004)” Course, The United Nations Institute for Training and Research Programme of Correspondence Instruction in Peacekeeping Operations; Nov 2004.
- “Operational Intelligence Course” held in Kathmandu jointly organized by Secret Intelligence Service (SIS) and National Investigation Department (NID); 20-31 Jan 2003.
- “Counter Insurgency Commando Course (2000-CICDO)”, Specialized Training Wing, BSF Training Center, Hazaribagh, India; 4 Sept – 24 Oct 2000.
- “Combating Terrorism(2011)”, North East South Asia Center for Strategic Studies(NESA), National Defense University(NDU), Washington DC, USA
- Seminar/ Conferences :
- “Security, International Relations and Diplomacy” jointly organized by APF Command and Staff College and Masters in International Relations and Diplomacy(MIRD), Tribhuwan University(TU), Kirtipur at APF Headquarters on 24th Dec 2017.
- First Meeting of Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation(BIMSTEC) Track 1.5 Security Dialogue Forum held on 22 September 2017 at New Delhi, India
- Asia Regional Consultations on United Nations (UN) Peace Operations organized jointly by Government of Bangladesh and UN High Level Independent Panel on Peace Operations participated as Panelist held on 20-21 Jan 2015, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- “First Indo-Nepal Bilateral Security Coordination Meeting” held on 3-5 December, 2012; between Director General(DG) of Sashastra Seema Bal(SSB, India) and Inspector General(IGP) of APF – SSB Headquarters, New Delhi, India
- “Harvard model of interests-based negotiation and problem solving – ADVANCING SECURITY INTERESTS – GAINING COMMUNITY TRUST” ORGANIZED BY Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice (IPJ); Apr 2011.
- “Combating Transnational Threats Seminar” held at Near East South Asia Centre for Strategic Studies (NESA); National Defense University (NDU); Washington DC, USA, 18 Jan – 2 Feb 2011.
- Israel Homeland Security International Conference on “International Security Defense System (ISDS)”; Tel Aviv, Israel, Oct 31 – Nov 3, 2010.
- “International Humanitarian law Seminar held at Radisson Hotel; coordinated by Operational Law Branch, Land Welfare Center, Great Britain; 18-27 Sept 2006.
- Paper presented :
- “APF and Federalism” presented at Radisson Hotel on 13th June 2017.
- Paper presented on “Border Management issues: Security Implications” on 10th April 2018 at Nepal Army Headquarters for Higher Command and Management Course.
- Paper presented on “Security aspect of National Foreign Policy” at Ministry of Foreign Affairs(MoFA), Singha Durbar, Kathmandu.
- “Joint Security Operations Plan for security of President Dr Ramos HORTA: Dili, East Timor, UNMIT”; 2008.
- A study on “Para-military Forces in India”; Oct 2002.
- Articles/ Publications :
- “Armed Police Force, Nepal and Use of Force”; Sept 2018.
- “Global Power Balance’ published in National Police Academy annual publication “PRERANA”; Oct 1995.
- “Ozone threatening to the modern world” published in Trichandra Campus annual magazine” Science Souvenir”; 1992.
- Major Contribution in drafting various policies with regard to Armed Police Force:
- Draft on “Internal Security Policy”; 2017.
- Draft on “National Security Policy”; 2017.
- “Integrated Security Action Plan”; 2017.
- “Women in Armed Police Force”; 2009.
- “Report on Possibility of integration of Peoples liberation Army(PLA)/Maoist Ex-Combatants in Armed Police Force”; 2007-2008.