The Institute of Foreign Affairs [IFA] is pleased to welcome the Six-member Delegation from Fudan University, Shanghai, China on November 17, 2019. The visiting team and the IFA team held a brief introductory meeting. The scholars of the visiting team discussed on Nepal-China relations and encompassing relevant areas of scholastic enrichment over foreign policies both the countries have adopted in order to deal with the changing dynamics of contemporary world politics. The Executive Director of IFA, Mr. Rajesh Shrestha briefed the visiting team regarding the origin and importance of the institutions like IFA for a modern nation-state. He highlighted urgent need of the further better improvement in Nepal-China relations to Asian values of politics and epistemology.
On behalf of the delegation from China, Prof. Zang Weiwei, the Director of the China Institute, Distinguished Professor of International Relations and Director of the China Institute at Fudan University, emphasized the historically significance of Nepal-China relations for maintaining regional peace and social harmony across Asia and globally. Mr. Shrestha and Prof. Weiwei agreed to promote exchange of scholars and hold long term collaborations on carrying out academic researches and intellectual advancement.
Dr. Rupak Sapkota, Deputy Executive Director of IFA, illustrated the role of think tanks like IFA for playing strategic roles to advise the governments for formulating effective foreign policies. He emphasized how Nepal and China can excel on global tasks of humanity. IFA Spokesperson Mr. Matrika Poudyal underlined the meaning of such timely meetings and discussions on the global concerns.
IFA expressed its thanks to the Embassy of People’s Republic of China, Kathmandu for making the most sought after and timely visit of such scholars to this institution.
The visiting delegation from China was led by Prof. Zhang Weiwei, Director of the China Institute, Distinguished Professor of International Relations and Director of the China Institute at Fudan University. The following scholars were the team members:
- Ms. Zhu Caihua, Professor in Economics and Deputy Director of Institute of International Trade Studies, Chinese Academy of International Trade and Economic Cooperation
- Mr. Fan Yongpeng, Deputy Director of the China Institute, Associate Professor in Political Science, Fudan University
- Mr. Lin Minwang, Professor at the Institute of International Studies, Fudan University
- Mr. Hu Hailiang, Deputy Director of Division of Information and Public Diplomacy, Department of Asian Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China
- Ms. Qin Wenci, Second Secretary of Division of Information and Public Diplomacy, Department of Asian Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China
- Mrs. Li Yingqiu, Attaché Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu.
From IFA, Executive Director Mr. Rajesh Shrestha, Deputy Executive Director Dr. Rupak Sapkota and Spokesperson Mr. Matrika Poudyal had attended the meeting with the scholars’ delegation from China.